BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
It's a heck of a world when a guy can't carry a 1.5" sheetrock screw!" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:11:05 -0800
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: it's a heck of a world

>Security checks were the most thurough

Quite different than the one I experienced in Seattle.  During a three hour
lay-over, I plugged in my laptop and charged the batteries while passing
time.  It always smells a little odd after charging.  Later, when going
through "Security", they passed a cloth rag on a wand over the lap case and
then put the cloth in a black box machine that began flashing red lights and
sounding a little siren.   The attendant repeated the process three times
with new cloths and the same result.  Other attendants began to gather
around to see what was up and all the other passengers were staring at the
show.  They then called for the Supervisor who did the test with the same
result.   I then asked what was going on and was told by the Supervisor "The
testing machine says there is dynamite in there.  It doesn't always work
right. You can go." and handed me the laptop!!!

cp in bc
flying high - but why