From:
John miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:58:06 -0500
Well,  I have my J pole in the attic, it isn't as good as being outside,
but I'll have to say, I've had 1 up there since I've been a ham for VHF/UHF,
and it's good enough, it's definitely a lot better then inside the room,  up
there at least in my attic, it's like a crawl space really so there's no
insulation and I mounted my J pole upside down right to the underside of the
roof and I don't have half the RFI I get inside,  like I said, it's not like
being outside but it's probably better then half way there. Good thing about
that is, if you don't like it you can always change it down the road with
out it being obvious. I also used to have a scanner antenna hanging out the
vent up there, that worked pretty well too but I don't do that anymore, I
had a problem with that antenna and never did anything with it.  1 of those,
when I get around to it things.
John Miller N1UMJ
Owner: J E M Racing need sponsors and crew help
to chat with me  AOL instant messenger JEMracing3