Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:31:05 -0500
The only way you can have two bootable OS's on the same system is to have a boot manager program to hide one of them from the system.Partition Magic has one, but for a one shot deal to remove data, that would be too expensive.  Maybe someone on the list knows of a free or shareware one that would allow you to transfer data one time.  If the 30 gig drive with Win Me was on your computer before you got the new 60 gig drive, and you haven't made to many system changes (i.e. new PCI cards, modems, video cards, etc), you could unplug the 60 gig drive and put the 30 gig drive in its place long enough to copy data to some storage media, then you could reformat and install Win 2k.  Then just put the 60 gig drive back where it was. Be sure to set the jumpers on the 30 gig drive to the same status as the 60 gig (i.e. master assuming the 10 gig drive is a slave to the 60 gig drive).

>Not long ago I replaced my 30 gig hard drive with a 60 gig new hard drive on
>my pc.  The old 30 gig HD had Windows ME on it.  The new 60 gig has Windows
>2000.  I also have a 10 gig hard drive on the computer.  All of the hard
>drives are Western Digital and should be compatible.
>
>My question is can I remove the 10 gig HD and connect the old 30 gig HD with
>Windows ME on it leaving the the 60 gig HD with Windows 2000.   In other
>words replace the 10 gig HD with the old 30 gig HD with Windows ME.  The
>question is having two HD's with different operating systems.  The reason I
>want to do this is to remove some data that became corrupt in the change
>over.  I backed up all of the data and most came thru find,
>however, some of my medical records on "Access" are corrupt and I would like
>very much to get the information off.
>
>How would I be able to boot/get to the Windows Me?
>Is this possible?
>
>After removing the needed data, I will probably reformat it to Windows 2000.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com