Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:22:49 -0500
7bit
From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Angela,

It could be several things, such as an incorrect BIOS configuration setting
the drive as a 2 GB drive, or a BIOS limitation to 4,095 cylinders, or you
formatted in FAT (aka FAT16) which has a 2 GB limitation, or you are using
Windows NT 4 which has an initial limitation of 2GB, or, well, you get the
idea.  To really assist you we need to know the following:

1) Does your BIOS natively support the drive?  On boot, or in the BIOS
setup, is your computer recognizing the drive correctly as a 20 GB drive?

2) What is the make of our drive (i.e. Maxtor, Seagate, Western Digital,
etc.)?

3) What Operating System are you running (i.e. DOS, Windows 95a, Windows 95b
(aka OEM SR2), Windows 98, Windows Me, etc.)?

4) When you fdisked and formatted it, what did fdisk say regarding the file
system (FAT, FAT32)?

Fred Nielson