Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:40:02 -0500
From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
It sounds as though you need to re-install the modem.
Installation instructions are here:

http://www.creatix.de/support/download/gruppe1/V9x-1394-In-Deinstallation_GB
.doc

MS Explanation of Code 12:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q125174
Code 12

This device cannot find any free <type> resources to use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you must disable another device that is
using the resources this device needs. To do this, click Hardware
Troubleshooter and follow the instructions in the wizard.

where <type> is a resource type (IRQ, DMA, Memory, or I/O).

Solution button: Hardware Troubleshooter

This code means that one of the resource arbitrators failed. This can occur
if the device is software configurable and it does not currently have a
resource (if the system is out of resources). For example, all the
interrupts are in use, or the device requests a resource that is currently
in use by another device that will not release the resource.

To resolve this problem, follow the instructions in the Hardware
Troubleshooter. In addition, see the "Troubleshooting Conflicting Hardware"
topic in Windows 95 Help, or see the following article in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base:

ARTICLE-ID: 133240
TITLE: Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager
Everything went smoothly until finally having installed all the drivers/
software etc i had a look in system devices and to my horror there was a
yellow circle with a black question mark. Delving deeper into this, the
error message that was displayed was "V9X HAM 1394V this device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use (code 12)".

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com