Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:18:15 -0500
The easiest fix for this should be to boot with your CD and allow the Setup
process to find your previous XP installation and then choose "R" to repair
the installation.  If the XP Setup process cannot find the previous
installation, then boot to the XP Recovery Console and run bootcfg /rebuild
as another lister has suggested.  This should then allow you to repair the
previous XP installation leaving you with your W98/XP dual boot as before
with no damage to your data.  Be sure to make a copy of the hidden
"boot.ini" file in the root of your W98 drive.  An overview of the XP
Recovery Console can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=
/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/recovery_console_overview.asp

> Well , ive created a problem .I suscsessfully loaded 98 2nd with the new
> Fdisk for larger HD`s .Split it 40/40 .Fine tuned my 98 O/S .Then loaded
> the disk for Xp.Went through setup fine, It recognized my fat32 and Set up
> my NTFS partition as F :WINDOWSXP.......
> Then installed perfectly with out a glich.After loading everything ,
> Updates etc... The dual boot was a totall sucsess.I on the the other hand
> wasnt quite happy with how 98 installed , as i ran into a few errors in
the
> process and wanted a clean error free install.So i reformatted C and
> installed 98 again.
> Seeing how im new to all this i wasnt aware that i would also delete the
> bridge to boot Xp lol.So now I no longer have the option to boot Xp.I know
> its still there , but im not sure how to repair the boot.I would
appreciate
> any info you could convey.Before i attempt somthing that totally destroys
the Data.And have to reformat it again.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml