Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:09:03 -0500
For starters, dual booting does not mean having two OS's operating at the same time. But you can access AOL using your DSL connection.  I just accessed AOL's home page off the T-1 connection at my office, and have done so from my ATT cable connection at home.  You don't need all that AOL software unless you are accessing them through their dialup.  If you have info saved on that drive that you'd like to keep, copy it to a zip disk or to a CD, then reformat and copy stuff back to the clean drive.  If your only reason for dual booting was the AOL issue, don't bother because you don't need to do it o accomplish your purpose.

>> >Thanks Al and Ron for your replies.
>
>I guess my ignorance is showing.  When I said "dual boot", I meant having the
>option of booting one hard drive, or the other, not using them or accessing
>them simultaneously.  (Does "dual boot" normally mean having two operating
>systems running simultaneously??????)
>
>The idea would be so I could continue to access the original drive, if
>necessary, but loading up Windows 98 and running things on the new drive,
>with AOL never running when I use the new drive.  Will AOL mess with the new
>drive if I never run AOL after booting up on that drive?
>
>Again, the goal is to install a new hard drive, load it with original HP8380
>software, then load software for new DSL ISP.  The old hard drive would
>remain on the system, and I would boot to that drive to access AOL to close
>things out and access files, if necessary.  Am I on the right track?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com