Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:48:51 -0800
William,

This is a clear case of the blind leading the blind, so don't except my word as gospel - there are far more
knowledgeable people on this list than I. With that said...

Installing the new hard drive is the easy part. However, it seems to me that dual booting two Win9x versions,
even on separate drives, is inherently troublesome, even if it's possible. Personally, I would scrap the dual
booting idea, and try to tie up the loose ends with AOL first, then install the new drive, make it the master,
and install the new OS on it as the active partition. Then I would find a way to import my favorites, address
book, etc. from the old drive without trying to connect to the net through AOL at all. Otherwise you'll end up
with the same insidious AOL problems you set out to eliminate. Once you have moved what you want from the old
drive, you could format and partition it as you please, which will give you more storage space.

If you decide to go this route, you'll need instruction for installing a new drive. Although I recently
installed another hard drive in my (ironically, HP Pavilion 8860), I'm not good at remembering all the
details, but it really isn't hard to do. However, I think the explanation is best left to those who do this
often. hth

Al Thompson