Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:39:58 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  I think paleo is best
>  for me.  How does that relate to whether or not it is actually medically,
>  societal or morally best?  I realize that these are questions that are
>  probably more a matter of opinion and mind set than scientific probability.

Yes, those are exactly the questions I have, as I noted before.  In my
limited experience of a family very prone to autoimmune diseases, diet has
become crucial to us maintaining health.  Yet there are obviously many who
are much less affected by diet.  Do we have any idea of how many people are
actually at-risk for diseases that are caused by poor diet?  It definitely
relates to the question of how the earth could sustain a good diet for the
uncounted billions here and those to come.

Another big factor is that of the huge WASTE of perfectly good food (at least
here in the US).  There are tons of meat thrown away daily in my area because
the beef looks a little too aged for most people's tastes and other cosmetic
reasons.  The waste of fresh fruits and vegetables is widespread as well.  In
addition to being a damn shame to waste nutritive items, the cost is passed
on to us as consumers, making our diets even more expensive.  We are wasting
resources that could feed millions of people (and well) every day.  I'm sure
that hunter-gatherer groups were much smarter in allocating food resources
than we are.