Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jeff Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:29:49 -0700
< The ice age (glaciations) ended a dozen times or so in the last 2 mio
years. For several thounsand years alterating between warm and cold
(e.g. Eem http://w3g.gkss.de/G/Mitarbeiter/storch/montoya.231196.html )

A.S.>

Did the first Homo sapien appear during a glacial, intraglacial period?  Or
did they appear in Africa where it would not matter? Or are we even
considering just Homo sapien? Are we going back farther through dozens of
ice ages and pre-Homo sapien species?

I cannot see the line of logic that concludes that we evolved eating small
low fat animals.  How would you catch enough of these quick creatures,
with a "sharp stick",  to support the tribe?  Maybe some hunters in the
group could enlighten me on this point.  Seems they can't always get a deer
in a week with all the technology available today.  I remember watching a
Josph Cambell video taken in Africa many years ago. It showed native H-G
people taking down a giraff with nothing but sharp sticks.  It seems to me
we always would have prefered big haul feast, irregardless of fat content,
over a one meal catch. I have never seen any description of tactics used to
take down a gazelle with sharp sticks.  If you have references in this
regard I would be interested in reading them.

Are we not gamblers by nature! Always prefering the big strike over many
small ones. Is it in your nature to prefer working day in and day out for a
living over the chance at hitting it big in the lotto then kick back til its
gone.  If we prefered many small strikes over a big one there would be no
lotto and no Las Vegas.  It's our nature right under your nose and you can't
change that. (although many self rightious still try).

Jeff