Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:09:45 -0700
7bit
From:
Johnny Battle <[log in to unmask]>
I've come across mentions of this Yale study in several places. Just
when you guys start to get me convinced animal fat is safe and
wonderful...

http://www.medindia.net/news/view_news_detail.asp?x=1484&t=gn

Excerpt:
"Individuals who enjoy diets rich in meat, cheese and whole milk may be
at increased risk of developing cancer of the esophagus and the
stomach.The rates of two types of cancer--gastric cardia and
adenocarcinoma of the esophagus--have risen rapidly over the past 30
years. To investigate potential links between these and two other types
of stomach and esophageal cancers and dietary factors, Dr. Susan T.
Mayne from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, and colleagues
interviewed more than 1,000 patients and nearly 700 healthy people in
three states.

"Total fat intake and intake of saturated fat each doubled the risk of
esophageal adenocarcinoma..."