Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:09:49 +1000
At 22:01 -0500 13/10/02, Theola Walden Baker wrote:

>> There are obviously 2 camps of paleo eaters: fatty meat eaters and lean
>meat
>> eaters.
>
>No, there are three camps.  --Those of us (or am I alone here?) who eat a
>variety of cuts, some of which are lean and others fat.

Well, I guess I fall into the third category too.

In fact, I'm not too careful about what I eat. I never count up the
amount of fat/protein/carbs I eat, and don't really have any idea what
the ratio in my diet would be, although it certainly varies wildly
from day to day.

I'm willing to have a go at estimating it though!

I do a market run to purchase meat about every three weeks at which
time I buy:
2 kg mince (ground) beef
2 kg pork spareribs
2 rabbits (1 kg edible total)
2.5 kg lamb chops (which get all the fat trimmed off because they
make a frightful mess in the oven otherwise), 1.5 kg edible
2 large free range chickens, 1 kg edible
2 kg kangaroo
A selection of fish, probably 3 kg edible portion including a
variety of farmed salmon, wild fish, fresh water fish etc.
1 kg bacon

Average per day from animal sources: 129 g protein, 110 g fat.

I also partake liberally of vegetables, and make no attempt to limit my
carb intake (I used to try, but am a firmly entrenched carb addict).
I use quite a bit of olive oil in cooking (150 g/week), and supplement
daily with fish oil capsules. I eat nuts and dried fruit as a snack.
Oh, and I buy at least one dozen eggs per week.

Total macronutrient intake from vegetable sources per day:
Protein: 60 g, Fat: 60 g, Carb: 352 g.

Overall: Protein: 189 g, Fat: 169 g, Carb: 352 g.
Calories: Protein: 755, Fat: 1523, Carbs: 1409.
Total calories: 3686.

Percentage calories: Protein: 20%, Fat: 42%, Carbs: 38%.

That's the shopping cart contents, from which I eat exclusively, and
from which my partner gets probably two-thirds of her food. The total
calories value looks about right, considering wastage.

 ...Richard.