Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:44:41 +1000
>do you have any thoughts about whether or not the alleged >dangers of the
hormones/antibiodics in feedlot meat are
>overblown?
wil they survive being cooked and the stomach acids? i guess that i why
diabetics dont make insulin pie.

>you are not trying to lose weight, but if you were -- would you >just eat
meat with the fat intact + oily fish and not worry about >the ratios of fat
to protein or the quantity of protein?
i think that's more grey area, and may depend on individual metabolisms. one
thing is we need little protein to keep nitrogen in balance, but our need
for amino acids for neurotransmitters and enzymes would i believe boost this
considerably.  also consider that withput eating organ meats and/ortaking
very good supplements we will have less than ideal levels of Vit B6
[destroyed by heat], B12, folic acid and copper for starters, since organ
meats are the best sources of these. without these you will feel like
garbage whatever the proportion of fat/protein

andrew