Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:25:42 +0000

>Sheep brains are readily available at the supermarket, but I do not find
>them very palatable.
>I am still looking for a recipe that makes them "nice". (Well, even
>tolerable will do!)  :)
>

>Jim

A light steaming to firm them up, and then you can use them in scrambled
eggs, salads, or in a butter sauce. Virtually any application that calls
for sweetbreads can substitute brains.

Do not believe any recipe that says they must be soaked, pressed, salted,
or boiled in order to become edible. I was brought up in an Eastern
European cooking heritage, and we had them often and never did more than a
slight parboil.

These days I don't even bother with that. Actually, I can eat them raw, but
don't usually find them all that interesting without some seasoning. Pork
brains are excellent also, and can be readily found in Asian markets.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!