C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:20:45 -0400
I could have used some sedate, Ken. LOL!  Actually, I didn't get to fish as
much as I wanted.  The day I had my guided trip set up it rained all day.
Since we were at a "dry fly only" lake, it really made a difference in the
fishing.

On the day that Alex and Anna had their "kids' day out", Laura and I drove a
few miles north to another small town.  I went in the local fishing tackle
store to ask how the local luck was doing, and got invited to go salmon
fishing with the owner.  At first I said, "Yes!", the Laura said to me,
"This guy could be an axe murderer for all we know."  So, I went back and
said, "thanks anyway."  The next day, Laura was channel surfing on the room
TV and discovered that this gent had his own fishing show!  I inquired at
the concierge desk and found out that he's some kind of Canadian "outdoor
celebrity."  I could have kicked myself!

Have you ever been to Seattle?  I don't think my joints could handle the
dampness, but the place is simply beautiful!  We got up early Saturday
morning to watch the salmon boats unload at the waterfront.  It was the
coolest thing!  I don't think I've ever seen a place as green and lush as
northwest Washington.  You'd have to see it to believe it.

Don't feel bad about the sharks, Ken.  We were supposed to see all sorts of
whales, too, but didn't see a single one.

-K.