C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:37:01 -0400
I've never, never been a fan of SAP.  It's unweildy, it's complicated, and
it's hard to maintain.  The CIO who signed for it, and had it implemented left
the company a year after the final implementation and the next CIO was left
with the mess.  We here in HRIS cuss it every day, especially when the OTI
between SAP and ADP goes haywire or if the data warehouse goes down, which it
does at least once a week.  In fact, our data warehouse is so messed up, it's
leaking data. The only way it can be fixed is for all of its tables to be
reloaded in entirety, which as you can imagine, takes forever.  Our SAP data
warehouse not only contains HR data, but also data from our manufacturing,
sales, and finance functions.  The Finance and HR functions are migrating to
Lawson whilst the other functions will stay with SAP, although our HR
historical data will remain in SAP, so we'll still have to contend with it.

Kat