BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Darling, all I want is that you should be a pinhead -- Arlene Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:34:54 -0700
From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
jc,  Wish I'd been there too but I don't know if I could hold my breath
that long.  A THOUSAND FEET IN THE AIR, Yikes!!!!!!!!  The view must be
sumpin'!!  How do you get way up there??  On second thought I'm not sure I
want to know, you guys seem to be closely related to Spider Man.  Sounds
kinda fun though, in a real scary sort of way.  Ruth, the country mouse

At 10:08 AM -0500 7/5/02, John Callan wrote:
Again!  Once more I wish I'd been there!  Great story, must have been a
great day.

-jc

[log in to unmask] wrote:

uly3...96 deg and the party is in full swing sixty stories up atop the old
Pan Am.

Sixty union stoneworkers, riggers, and ironworkers assemble for a glorious
fourth in a rag tag mix of bar-b-que; soul music ,and impromtu games of
chance under a raging sun.

No petite fors and pink lemonade here; this is hard hat UsA ,New York
dressed in a terrifying collection of saftey harness; muscle shirts, tatoos
, utility belts and alot of neck gold coming from every nationality
imaginable.

Black jamacian masons mix it up with tough well muscled chineese riggers,
there are second generation Irish steel workers from hells kitchen who have
mason gangs of Italians and greeks .Heck there is even a muslim mason from
Afganistan.

So my french crew ; a hearty group of bad boy romeos  fit like an old shoe,
in as  well they work hard and are not afraid of anybody or anything..

There are 3 grills going with bare chested brawny youth in American flag do
rags and bandolier utility belts  turning mountains of chicken ,"brats" and
"burglers" as Mick Jager belts out
"You can't always get what you want"

The men laugh like pirates and dance with one another cradeling cold
beverages waving burgers as they go from ad hoc dice games ,  pitched
cards,and feats of strength  on this sun blasted  heliocopter pad over a
thousand feat in the air.

Lost is the geenteel conversation of the conservator and architect.The air
is now peppered with bravado and the colorfull lexicon of tough guys , dead
end kids, and ex cons  as they brawl over pots of cash from their crap
games and the side bets from  arm wrestling ,and  pitched cards.

The temperature climbs again to 97 deg ; and the view is a spectacular
sweep of all of lower Manhattan .Boats and ferrys ply the East ad Huson
rivers.
Our massive steel out-riggers bristle the sides of the building like so
many cannon on a galleon;which create pockets of welcomed shade.
Suddenly an an inpromtu game of football erupts with a rolled shirt as the
ball and everyone joined in .

With so many bare chested  tatooed men in head scarfs  dodging and running
about the deck as   grills smoking "brats" in full blast  attracted the
instant attention of police and military heliocopters who came in to
closely monitor the situation  with their sniper crews .
Our men ;patriotic to the core ; promptly unveiled a large american flag
they had brought for the occaison..
As they stood revertly waving  with their flag ; the copters waved back
and then smartly peeled off to the cheers of the men.
Happy fourth Michael

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:johncallan.vcf 82 (TEXT/ttxt) (000E02C4)

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT