EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mrs E.A.Draffan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:20:38 +0100
I have used it and tried the US version with speech recognition.  The
latter is good for all the basic functions but if you want the more
complex macros and mouse grid then stick with Dragon.

We had the program on 30 machines at AHEAD and it worked well although
the L&H voices may need reloading if you have already loaded JAWS,
Kurzweil and ZoomText.  Do check the order for loading in other words!
It was more stable compared to other versions and the speaking
calculator (scientific and standard in Gold), dictionary and use of the
web for notetaking appeared to work well on all the machines.  The
single bar for speech and other functions seems to be easy for students
to understand.

It should be noted that it will not read everything with all external
dictionary CD-ROMs and only reads the header words in Merriam Webster in
the same way that other text to speech programs using the clipboard have
difficulties.

I promise I have no shares in the company!!! :>))

Best wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A.Draffan
TechDis, USIE, EDB,