From:
- Dan Stradford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:36:44 EST

Hi,

My name is Dan Stradford and I am new to the list and want to introduce
myself.  First off, I want to say I just love the information available on
the list.  Celiac Disease is very relevant to my work.

I am the president and founder of Safe Harbor, the world's leading nonprofit
organization educating the public on nondrug approaches for mental disorders.
 We have the Web's largest site on this topic at
www.AlternativeMentalHealth.com.  It includes a directory of over 260
practitioners who use nondrug approaches such as diet change, nutrients,
looking for medical causes, etc.

Our primary focus is on underlying physical causes of mental disorders, such
as celiac, thyroid problems, Lyme disease, nutritional imbalances, toxic
conditions, etc.  The people on this celiac list are the rare ones who know
how much a physical condition can affect the mind.

We also have a free online monthly newsletter called The Alternative Mental
Health News which can be subscribed to at www.AlternativeMentalHealth.com.  I
should note we will be running an article on celiac in our next issue, based
on info gleaned from one of the celiac list members.

Additionally, for healthcare professionals, we have an Integrative Psychiatry
email list which can be joined by sending a request to join, stating your
profession, to [log in to unmask]

We have received stories from celiacs who have been misdiagnosed with
schizophrenia and anxiety disorder and I am well aware of all the other
mental symptoms celiac can create so it is important to us that we make the
public aware that it should be considered a possible culprit in any search
for the cause of a mental disorder.

Thank you all for contributing to my education.

All the best,
Dan