From:
Dave Gaviota <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Gaviota <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:49:49 -0700

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who emailed me (50+ very detailed emails- wow!)- I am OVERWHELMED with email!  THANK YOU!!!!  I am very grateful to each and everyone for your input.  I will need some time to post a summary and respond to all individually/specifically.  I finished the Endoscope yesterday- they gave me Versed and I was out like a light and woke up without any side effects.  Dr. took several biopsy's since I have diverticuli, gastritis, etc.  who knows what else- I have never swallowed light bulbs so can't believe all this stuff.  He also ordered a small bowel series barium/x-ray also.  The esophagus I think is non-erosive at least in the photo I saw. Prevacid works great for GERD- now 4 years on it. Follow up in 2 weeks.  On the diet now for almost a week- with 3 incidents as I get the hang of it.  Been feeling alot better and the bloating has subsided.

In the meantime, here is my first contribution.  I saw the post on the Tech TV piece on Gluten testing- so I got a friend who has Satellite to tape it for me and encoded and uploaded it to the web at the URL below.  The TV segment is 4 minutes long and it resulted in a 1 meg. streaming video file to watch on your computer using Windows Media player.  1 meg, 160x120 format.  It explains briefly about the new portable Gluten Testing device- pretty pricey right now.

Sincerely, Dave

Gluten Testing Streaming Video- Windows Media format

http://www.4001.com/celiac/gluten_test.wmv

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines