EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ross Eadie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:40:19 -0500
Hi all,

Yes, there are some marketing statements posing a problem in this article
as well.  Does anyone have a lead to the study which states that better
employment and pay is directly related to Braille literacy?  I have often
wondered if there are other underlying factors at play.  I know of a
vice-president of a very large corporation who did just fine without Braille.
.
Please do not get me wrong.  I believe anyone who is blind should learn
Braille.  Braille is an important tool in learning to read and write, and I
have found Braille very useful for specific tasks like doing speeches.
However, I do not use Braille to do leasure reading.  this non-usage of
Braille for leasure reading I guess can be related to learning to use
Braille at a much older age  then grade school.

At 09:11 AM 7/1/02 , you wrote:
>Impressive article on braille.
>
>The following story appeared in The Globe Online:
>Headline: Reconnecting with the dots
>Date:     7/1/2002
>Byline:
>
>"    It was an epochal invention, akin to the wheel or fire or ether.
>And yet, strangely, it has fallen on hard times."
>
>To read the entire story, click on the link below or cut and paste it
>into a Web browser:
>http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/182/living/Reconnecting_with_the_dots+.sh
tml

>This message was sent by Harvey Bingham [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
>through Boston.com's email recommendation service. If you have questions
>or comments about this free service, please email us at [log in to unmask]

---
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287