Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:04:14 -0800

After reading the various posts on McCann's oatmeal, my husband
decided to try it.  We both have CD, but up until now, he thought
that he was not as sensitive to gluten as I am.  Now he knows better.
He ate the oatmeal in the morning and by the afternoon he had a very
loose bm.  And I noticed that he was more irritable than normal.   I
don't know whether or not it is really safe for people with CD, but I
wonder if people are just fooling themselves into wishing that it
were safe.  No more experiments for us.  We will stick with rice,
corn, tapioca, arrowroot, kasha (buckwheat), yams, and potatoes.  A
momentary pleasure (?) is not worth the weeks of recovery time.
--
Ellen
Oregon, U.S.A.