From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:55:05 -0400
First I would make sure the USB ports are still enabled in
the BIOS.  Then see if they are installed in the Device
manager.  If they are OK these two places I would delete
them from the device manager and then re-boot to see if
they will re-install.  Do this while your USB devices are
unplugged.  Then plug in your USB devices one at a time to
make sure their drivers are still installed.  They should
be ok.

Doug

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:21:01 -0400 joseph marty wrote:

I have Win Me in a Dell 8200.  On 9/29 they were working
fine when I took the system apart to put some new furniture
in my home office.  Today I put the system back together,
and on bootup the LED's on the two USB hubs did not light
up, and all the peripherals attached to the hubs don't
work.  I tried using Goback to rewrite the drive to the day
I took it down, 9/29, but that didn't work either.

Win Me is not loading a little icon in the system tray
which allows you to turn off USB  devices before you unplug
them.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml