From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:52:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/02 6:38:12 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< (I
wonder how much of this is wishful thinking -- the desire to eat the stuff
or inability to stop eating it clouds the judgement a little, makes it a
little harder to pick up what might otherwise be obvious signals). >>

Did you get a chance to look at the article concerning the origins of
agriculture that discussed the possibility that it was the opiods in the
grains that made us feel good (addicted) enough to set aside our healthy
paleo way of life to become  slaves to the land. I know people who seem as
addicted to their carbs as any junkie on the street. Even the idea of not
eating bread freaks them out. Here's the link again:
<A HREF="http://www.vegan-straight-edge.org.uk/">
http://www.vegan-straight-edge.org.uk/</A> then go to Food. Don't know why
this website provides the article, but they do.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>