From:
Paleo Babe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:35:38 -0400

>The first time that anyone on network televisions has said:
>
>- Low-fat diets are based on BAD SCIENCE.
>- Eating "fat" won't make you "fat".
>- George McGovern was responsible for the low-fat die, not science.
>- Stop eating refined carbohydrates

Other things I liked about this show:

* No apologies for the food pyramid - it's flat out crap
* High carb diet will lead to diabetes and heart disease (no mention of
RA/cancer, but you can't have it all at once)

And best of all:

* NO DEAN ORNISH!!!!!!

>PS  As far as "Paleo" goes (ie the recommendations in all these TV programs
>include "whole grains"), realize that it is likely to be 50 or 100 years
>before
>the "Paleo" concept is accepted by society.  Remember that "caveman" equals
>"stupid" in society.

It's not just that. Grains, especially whole grains, have been touted for so
long as being good, and have such a *warm* feeling attached to them that
they're pretty much of a motherhood issue for most people. They won't let go
of that overnight.

Overall, I'm delighted at the way things are rolling out, especially the
fact that low carb is being touted as a healthy choice, not just a
short-term weightloss diet.

Irene