From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:56:26 -0700
Erik, have you tried 'Essene' bread? Also sold as
'Ezekiel' bread. All the grains are sprouted prior to
making the bread. Here's a link to a recipe:

http://www.breadrecipe.com/AZ/EsseneBread.asp

Actually, according to the recipe, "Traditionally,
Essene bread was probably baked on hot rocks under
scorching sunlight....", it sounds 'kinda' paleo.
Although the recipe calls for wheat berries, I suppose
some other sproutable seed might work. You might want
to refer to the recipe as a starting point for your
attempts.

Let us know what kind of results you get. I've never
been a big bread fan - I always used it as nothing
more than a 'holder' for meat in the past. But I think
it could go a long way in 'weaning' folks from
standard bread fare. And maybe - it might be lower in
carbs? Just a thought.

http://health.yahoo.com