From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:08:33 -0700
Fun remonising about older equipment.  I bought a transoceanic on e-bay a
couple years ago.  It is a cool radio, but doesn't cover the ham bands.  I
wish they had made that thing general coverage.  There was a radio shack
radio, astro something or other, I saw back in 1968.  I almost bought one,
but never did.  It was a general coverage portable that would receive ssb.
I don't recall what it was called, but didn't rip off shack make a hf ham
tranceiver for a short while?
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr