Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:00:09 +1100
Peter,

I know there is something that you may not want to hear, but I did a bit
research today, and also from our own database (at work), I found that there
are problems related to HDD adapters (I remember you said you use a SATA
adapter), there are similar problems (eg data corruption) related to
IDE-to-SCSI adapters, and rare laptop to normal IDE adapter.  Could you try
to remove the adapter and try again?

To answer one of your question, I build system with big HDD on daily base,
200G single drive or 400 RAID ain't rare for me (max to date near 2TB single
NTFS partition), and none data corruption what so ever (unless hardware
failur / software corruption) on either win2k or XP.

Jun Qian

PS: if customers don't ask, we will make single partition only, like
everyone else is doing.  So that if there is a RAID 0 with 2 x 200G, we will
make it 400G partition.