From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:28:31 -0700
> > The only proven way to extend life is
> > through calorie restriction.
> >

> Yes -- but that's rodents.

And dogs, rabbits, and every other mammal thats been
tested  The primate study thats been going on for the
last 10 years is showing similar results.

People who have been trying calorie restriction
> have experienced fatique, irritability and hormonal
> issues. Do a search on the people who are practicing
caloric restriction and you'll find what I'm talking
about.

I've been a member of the calorie restriction mailing
list for the last 5 years so I'm well aware of the
trials and tribulations of those involved in hardcore
calorie restriction.

Hormonal issues etc.. aside, it's pretty clear that
calorie will extend lifespan in humans.

See:

http://www.calorierestriction.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=7

Mark