From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:40:56 -0600
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>It seems to me that eating fructose filled apples would be ever so much
healthier than >downing a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's maple flavored corn
syrup.

Corn syrup is a derivative/fractionated "food" unobtainable without
technology.  The corn, of course, from which it is extracted has been bred
to produce vast lots of sugar so people can consume it in vast concentrated
lots.  Unfortunately, the apple has been bred, too, to increase the sugar in
it.  Right--there's no argument that the apple as a whole food is far
healthier, no matter how much sugar it contains.

I really doubt that the fructose problem would have been a problem for paleo
people eating paleo fruits.  And it probably wasn't much of a problem for
much of anybody prior to the perfected (LOL......perverted?) science of
plant breeding that occurred in this century.  All or almost all the produce
we eat contains multiple upon multiple sets of chromosomes.  Better eating
through chemistry.  <g>   Wouldn't it be cool to actually be able to see,
touch, taste an "Edenic" apple?!!  But even if a single one were still
around, we might not recognize it with some of our senses.

 Theola