From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:08:03 EDT
Olivia,

Do you have any evidence that the hormones in feedlot beef survive cooking
and stomach acids?  (I realize that there have been articles about the early
maturation of children ie boobs on nine year olds, but this will happen when
any child is overweight.  Couldn't be all the chips, fries, candy etc and not
the feedlot meats that's causing the problem??  Come to think of it, I've
never heard of children bingeing on steaks, poultry etc. UNLESS such products
are used in fast foods ie McDonalds burgers (+ buns & fries, etc.) or
Kentucky Fried Chicken (heavy battered coating & fries, etc.). I think that
the epidemic of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes has more to do with
the consumption of starch and sugar than non-organic meats.

If hormones are stored in excess body fat, and a person achieves 12% body fat
eating primarily feedlot meats, then that person will have very little stored
toxins in his body.   Also, we should clarify what we mean by toxins.  If
it's hormones, then we first need to establish that they in fact survive
cooking and digestion.  If it's pesticides or polutants -- well, one could
drive oneself batty trying to avoid these things.  Besides, natural foods
also contain toxins.  Why are natural toxins preferable to manmade toxins?

Adrienne