From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:55:20 EDT
Todd,

Eating LEAN meat does not help me reach satiety -- fatty meat does.  What's
the point in eating lower calorie lean meat if I need twice as much to feel
full? The only grass-fed meat I've tried that IS satiating is the Australian
lamb I buy and that is because it still contains quite a bit of fat.  The
grass-fed beef I buy is tasty, but NOT satiating because it is so very lean
-- same goes for ostrich.  I need to add olive oil or goose fat to them.  But
maybe that's just my own quirk.  Is the taste for fat learned or natural???
My husband hates fatty meat (of course he doesn't seem to mind fat that's
disguised in cookies, etc.).

Adrienne

Adrienne