From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 02:49:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/02 7:18:43 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>The spinach iron content is an example of what can happen: Spinach has
>a lot of
>iron! Everyone knows. Well it has iron, but not more than othe leafy greens.
>more than 100 years ago, a scientist made research on iron content.
Afterwards
>his secretary wrote the result from his notes, and happened to put the
>decimal
>character in the wrong place. And suddenly spinach had ten times the iron
>content.
>After 100+ years this is still common "knowledge".

Besides -- the iron in spinach is not particulary bioavailable.

>So who *really* knows about the pH in food, and how our bodies react to
>it?
>The only answer is: stick to a paleodiet of your best knowledge, and stop
>worrying
>about other things, because worrying is the worst thing we can do about
>food.
Agree wholeheartedly. Wish now I'd never sent the darn pH food list -- did so
computer. Personally I don't worry with the pH values of my body.  I eat all
kinds of food-- high acidic, high alkaline and I reckon I'll the the
micromanagement of such things as pH to my body. Usually people who worry
about the acidic or alkaline ash of their foods are afraid to eat much meat.
Thank God the physiological processes (wisdom) of our bodies are for the most
part unconscious and beyond our control.

You're right about the worry bit -- Worry and stress probably do more
ultimate damage that even the 'wrong' foods.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>