From:
Joe Portale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:54:48 -0700
Hello everyone,

As stated in the email title, I'm a paleo-newbie. Just wanted to say hello
and ask a question. From the reading that I have done, it seems that this
diet is meats, green veggies, nuts, fruits and berries. Is it really that
simple? The copy of Neanderthin ordered from Amazon has not arrived yet, so
I'm sort of working in the dark.

How does calorie intake play a part in the Paleolithic diet? Many people
failed the Atkins because he (Atkins) wrongly advised that one could eat as
much as one wished. Calories are calories, too many you get fat, too little
you loose weight, and in extreme situations you starve. I have seen several
web pages that contradict each other on this issue.

Oh, about me. Six foot tall, 280 carrying about 28% body fat. I lift weights
(heavy) 5x per week and do cardio work outs, 4x per week. I'm 46 and have a
semi-sedentary job as an education manger.

Please let me hear from you folks, I am interested in "meeting" you and
learning more about this diet.

JP