From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 19:53:29 -0500
From:         Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: ketosis and focus-= long term experience

<snip>

>When I first went paleo and low-carb I was in ketosis
>most of the time for maybe 5 months.  Lost 30 pounds.
>Then I noticed that I could not get into ketosis even
>eating only meat and fat; it just wouldn't happen.
>I was very tired; I started getting cold sometimes
>(even though it was August).  I read later on this list
>that long-term ketosis can do a number on your thyroid,
>and I think that's what happened.

It's winter here in Australia now and I've been on a paleo diet for all of
2002 and this is by far the coldest I have ever felt in winter.  Even got
my first ever chillblains.  I feel rather ashamed as this is far from
Neanderthal!  Far from Ice Age survival!  The temperature was zero degrees
C this morning when I went rowing before dawn.  Other mornings it gets
down to minus 5 C and once it was down to minus 9 on a rowing morning.
But it's never been a problem in previous winters - back in the carb
days.

Anyone else feel the cold (as well as the other symptoms mentioned by
other contributurs to this thread?)

Keith