Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:52:09 -0600
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Cordain [...] believes, hiliariously, that paleo man ate lean
> meat..yes they threw away the depot fat, marrow, brain and liver. pigs.  his
> 'research' consists of one or two anthropoligical documents mixed with
> ping-pong interchanges with other pretend paleos who are inculcating a
> ridiculously high level of carb intake.

I got the feeling when I read Cordain's Paleo Diet that he wrote a
diet book for the kind of people who aren't about to eat bone marrow
or brains anytime soon.  I think that's okay.  It's certainly going to
lead to huge health improvements I would say compared to a diet that
included lots of grains.

But personally I find that I need lots of fat and I believe it when I
am told that paleolithic hunters went for the fat of the animal
first.

Jana
(who admittedly is the kind of person to try marrow and brains, but
hasn't done it yet)