From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 10:27:12 -0400
At 09:58 AM 5/3/02 -0400, Marianne Fuller wrote:
>The Eades in Protein Power say that flax seed oil (and flax seeds, I guess)
>are NOT good for you because they contain ALA and ALA suppresses all
>eicosanoids, much like antibiotics suppress all bacteria, not only the bad
>ones. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to think when one doctor's
>approach says flax seed oil is great because of the omega 3, and another
>doctor says it's bad because of the eicosanoids? It gets awfully confusing.

This URL seems to contradict what the Eades say (although I did not read the
full text);

From http://www.nhir.com/tests/FlaxSeedOil.pdf

"Many of the effects of ALA are attributed
to its conversion to eicosapentaenoic
acid (EPA) and docos ahexaenoic acid
(DHA). EPA is associated with vascular
regeneration and DHA is associated with
brain development and growth. DHA is a
major structural component of the brain
and accumulates during the fetal period and
during the first year after birt h . "

Maybe someone else can add to the topic?

Marilyn