BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guaranteeing the preservation of heart and myth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 06:05:40 +1000
 --- Peter epperly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Oh God... Why do people like you try to write..

Peter

I try to write because I've realised that people
around me don't understand the things I do for a
living.
I try to write because I want to share that, explain
that, and if possible, inspire at least one or two
other people to do the same thing.
I try to write because I've got an enormous ego and
think everybody else wants to hear what I've got to
say and writing helps stroke the ego.
I try to write because I know that practice will help
me improve.

As for why I've inflicted it on the Pinheads ... well
I can't think of a more critical audience that will
let fly with pithy statements and well-chosen words to
help me in my direction-finding.

Or maybe I've just been getting ready early for IPTW's
Job Safety demonstration ... I do a good line in
climbing roofs and walking on parapets without
protection! With or without preparation.

Cheers
david

> > Subject: one day down under
> >
> > The slight bulge on the surface draws the chisel.
> > Tap of the mallet, and the sandstone explodes into
> > fragments, raining down onto the pavement below.
> > As the sun rises on this winter Saturday, the wind
> > off the mountains chills the fingers gripping the
> > edge of the cherrypicker bucket.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!