BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
can't australian computers read? <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:36:59 -0400
Ken et al,

We here at LZA Technology / Thornton Tomasetti are around the corner from
the blast site on 19th St. The south portion of our building houses APEX
Technical so they are immediately adjacent and had a few windows blown out.
I was not in the building at the time but folks here say it shook the
building and everyone left in an orderly fashion. When I returned from some
meetings, everyone was standing on the street, a number were a bit shaken
but physically all were okay. We watched quite a few fire trucks and police
rescue vehicles and tons of personnel arrive and do their work. Then, since
I live nearby, went home around 1:00. Our office actually reopened by 2:30
PM, 3 hours after the incident.

Today all was mostly normal except 19th Street was closed between 6th and
7th Aves.

Since many of you watch CNN etc you probably know more than I do now about
the cause and condition of those seriously hurt.

I got a lot of calls from concerned friends which always makes you feel good
even if your ok.

Thanks,

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation