Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:31:26 -0700
    Hi,

I have two of these rigs and you should to expect to pay right around $40.00
for the VS3 voice chip.

Once you get it you should expect to get some sighted assistance in setting
it up as the voice chip doesn't talk the menus.  Menu's can be used to set
voice on, english or Japanese.  Also dtmf pad on will allow direct frequency
access via the mic.  Pressing the "A" key while in vfo and the rig will say
enter and you can then direct access the frequency.

Sites for purchasing?  gigaparts.com, Hamradio.com AES.com.  Shop around and
good luck.  vs3 is very to install.

73 de Brian k5in