From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:03:59 +0100
Hello All

The tendency nowadays seems to be changing to software run rigs.

I am sure that software control is going to be more important than the
physical knob twiddling which we have come to appreciate over the years.

We really ought to lobby for software consistency and access.

In this respect, Kenwood have been superb.
They have adopted a software control which is ASCII based which the
software writers have appreciated because of its consistency over many
years.

They are always striving to find control codes for the new Icom and
Yaesu rigs.
By virtue of the presence of any blind ham being on this rig, it means
that we all have a moderate user appreciation of the PC - hence I think
that we ought to be lobbying for better software control of the next
generation of rigs, rather than seeking retrospective demands on already
developed and publicly available hardware.

Although I prefer Kenwood rigs from an accessible point of view, I
prefer to use my Yaesu FT1000MP in my main shack and I have never used
an Icom or Tentech rig.

73 de G3YXX

I think you wrote  below <[log in to unmask]>,
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Good suggestion, but no idea of leverage that is realistically likely to =
>work.
>
>Can anyone tell me where to get the synth for the Yeasu fm2700 rh mobile =
>rig?  This was the first mobile dual band 2 meter 70 centimeter rig on the =
>market in early 1980s.  Would love to have one for my rig as lights on =
>display are out and difficult for even sighted to use.  Any offers if I =
>choose to sell?
>

>Thank You!
>
>BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

>http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM=20
>
>VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
>IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
>P O BOX 83720
>341 W WASHINGTON=20
>BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
>
>208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 =3D voice mail
>fax  208-334-2963
>Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

David W Wood