From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:56:09 EDT

I was diagnosed via a colonoscopy in 1993 and have remained on a gluten-free
diet since that time.  Last year my dr. did an endoscopy and blood test and
told me I had a hiatal hernia.  I changed drs. right after that and now the
new dr. says he's had time to review paperwork from previous dr. and papers
indicate I no longer have celiac disease.  This was determined through the
blood test and biopsy.  My current dr. is supposed to be an expert on celiac
disease (?) and he sits there and tells me I no longer have it.  It is my
understanding I will have it for the rest of my life.

I asked him why I get so sick when ingesting gluten (accidently of course).
He said he has no idea but I don't have the disease.  I can lose 5# in a day
after ingesting gluten.

Does anyone had an experience like this?  Thanks.