From:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:27:26 -0500

I called CSA yesterday and indicated to them that the card I had from 2001
is very out of date.  It indicates that Quinoa and amaranth and guar gum
are no nos, as well as millet.  They also did not specify to call re: rice
syrups.

You need to call the manufacture re rice syrup as some are in a barley base.
 However, some are safe.   Ask the manufacturer.

I had CSA on the phone for a half hour telling them that they are doing our
community a disservice by adding to our confusion with inaccurate info.  We
all know there are other offenders to our diets and that apart from the
basic WF/GF obvious we need to tweek our diets gindividually.  Thus if
someone has a reaction to quinoa or soy that is an individual reaction, but
not necessarily something all celiacs need to avoid.

CSA has indicated that there is an updated card.

I strongly urged them to post info here regarding an updated info card so
we all do not go crazy.