From:
Sandy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:50:35 -0700

Dear All,

I received 20 responses to my question if wheat, barley and oat
grasss were gluten free.

2 "yes" gluten free
7 "not" gluten free
7 "unsure" if gluten free
4 very interested in question

However, the overwhelming feeling was that even if they were "technically"
gluten free the odds of cross contamination from the grass to the grain
were too significant to take the chance.  The majority feeling was to stay
away from these products.  The risk is too high.

The National Canadian Celiac Association (which in my experience errs on the
side of caution) recommends to NOT EAT these foods.

Personally, I have decided to not take the chance.  Thank you
for your help.  I greatly appreciate it.

Sandy
Nova Scotia, Canada