From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:09:22 +1000
> Of course I haven't acacia seeds in any program.
> But acacia seeds are a legume.

ok. well the issue that strike me initially are:

1. iron. very little non-heme iron is absorbable, somewhere between 2-5%.

2. vitamin A. the amount you supply is zero of course, since there is none
in plant foods. I'm not sure if your figures supply retinol equivalents, but
they are half of the 'death-camp survival' RDA amounts. less than 20,000
units is less than desirable.

3. vitamin D. none.  the only viable food source is fish livers. depends on
the purpose of this exercise i guess, but you need to be outside for a fair
time in the tropics or subtropics to get what you need. not an issue for
desert aborigines i agree.

4. selenium. best source is marine mammals...500mcg is a good amount to go
for. im pretty sure you cant possibly get this from a vegetarian diet.

5. Vitamin B12.

6. protein quality. are there limiting amino acids? you may know off the top
of your head as i don't

7. calcium. absorption much less in a diet low in saturated fats.

I suggest you substitute wolfberry for yams and some other berry for apple.
probably hazelnuts for macadamia.  and use nettle in a tea.   this mght
bring up a better result.

andrew