BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
``We've no telephone, and we've stopped opening our mail. You can't imagine how free we" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:47:09 -0400
If you need to strictly comply with ADA I suspect you are stuck with the
typical ugliness - you can get them in brass and add a distinctive rosette
on the wall but still need to comply with load and dimensional requirements
etc.

However, on private jobs where I really need a convenience grab bar I have
gone to Simons Hardware in Manhattan or some good hardware catalogs and
found boating or bar type hardware and mixed with brass pipe or wood rods. I
have also had wrought iron fabricated to my design and had it brass or
nickel plated in Long Island City.

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation
Associate