From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:11:08 -0700
Well, I don't know if anybody cares about this but the main difference I can
see between the kenwood 707 and the v7a is the cross band repeat feature in
the v7a rig.  According to the manuals that some of you emailed me and
according to the guy at the ham store, you cannot cross band repeat with the
707 radio.  It will cross band, that is, transmit on one band and listen on
the other, but it will not work as a remote base and transmit and repeat and
that's a feature I wanted.  So I guess I will be getting the V7a this week.
I was hoping to save a hundred dollars.  Otherwise, if you 707 and v7a
owners know anything else worth noting, speak up.  Thanks for those who
wrote me off the list and gave me lots of helpful information that helped me
decide.  I have been on the internet for over 7 years and I am always
thankful for the internet where we can exchange good information that years
ago we found difficult, if not right down impossible, to get in a short
period of time.

73,
Phil.
k0nx