From:
Yehudit Massouda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yehudit Massouda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:11:15 -0500

Hi. I have a neighbor that is scheduled for a biopsy in a couple of weeks.
Her GI told her to be on gluten for two weeks prior to it. She has been off
gluten for a while (possibly over a year, I don't remember, I'll have to
check with her again on it) as well as a lot of other foods. Is this enough
time for her to be 'gluten challenged' or should she reschedule her biopsy
for later? I was never off gluten for an extensive amount of time before my
biopsy. She would like to make sure that she doesn't have a false result,
but the gluten foods that she will be eating make her achey, and tired, and
not able to function, as well as have digestive problems.

She also had normal IgG tests (I think that was the test, but she was still
off of gluten as well)

Thanks,
Yehudit