From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:40:57 +0200
Okay. I guess that it is a nine pin male connector, which would be a serial
port. (For a modem or a mouse perhaps).
9 pin female would be for VGA connection. This is for a second monitor.
Assuming this is not the case and that the first option is the case;

Option 1: Look into you computer and check if there is an available internal
comm port available. Looks like a your IDE connector, just a lot smaller
(Has 10 pins only - later model mobos may do away with the 10 pin though).
the pins may or may not be protected by a plastic border.If you have one
available go out and purchase one. Should cost next to nothing.
Option 2: While you are looking at the case, and you don't find a spare
port, you may be able to purchase an add-on card. Make sure you have either
PCI or IDE connectors.
Option 3: Check on the back of your computer to see if you have a spare 25
pin female connector (paralell port). You could purchase a serial to
paralell adapter.
Option 4: you may be able to purchase an external device that is able to add
ports to your system. I saw one a few weeks ago, but the purpose of that
device was more to share your mouse, modem, printer etc, amongst more than 1
computer.

Sorry, I can't give web site addresses I live in South Africa and have
little need to search the American online stores. I'm sure it would be
better to go to your local PC Dealer though.

I hope this has been helpful

Cheers

Brendon

                     visit our download web page at: