From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:37:27 -0600
>Oh, and wasn't he (Barry Sears) something!
>     "Yes"
>     "That's right"
>     "Fat in the diet doesn't make you fat"
>     "Excess insulin is the problem"
>     "That's right"
>     "Yes"

Oh, man, that was suh-WEET!  And Mark Labee, you're right; Ornish came off
like a fool!  Let's face it, Dateline rarely does hard news and this
reporter was editorializing up the ying-yang but so WHAT!?  What he did
WORKED and he never suffered.  Catch a clue, Medical Establishment!

News tip; call your local ABC affiliates TODAY and see if they're desperate
for stories on Friday.  You may even want to try NBC affiliates to follow up
on tonight's Nightly News segment but the chances there are slim.  Tell them
you're doing what 20/20's going to talk about, it works, yadda yadda yadda.
Try the above with the following:

assignment desk
individual reporters
health reporters if they have them
specific producers

For example, the ABC affiliate in Denver has a one hour midday show on which
they often have in-depth, on-set interviews.  I'm going to promote the local
doc who uses this philosophy, tell this producer he's PERFECT and available.
  It just may work.  The assignment editor doesn't really care that much but
this producer?  Oh, she's most likely desperate to fill the time.  Go for
it, people!  ESPECIALLY if you know of a doctor or nutritionist in your neck
of the woods; they always want an "authority" but successful patients are
often used, too.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO